The Daily DIYer

Monday, September 19, 2016

Framing a Wood Sign


I sort of wanted to avoid making this type of wood sign.  It is a lot of work and time that goes into regular wood signs.  The addition of the frame just adds much more work and time on top of it.  However, I really had a vision for a space above my new blanket ladder and one of these framed signs was exactly it.  



After a few Pinterest searches, I knew I had a handle on the "how to" part.  I hit the lumber store and stocked up on 1"x2" furring strips, which are luckily very inexpensive.


Now that I've created a few, I am just very much in love with the rustic farmhouse look of them.  Sometimes things are just worth the extra effort.

I used a scrap piece of pine (common board) I had laying around and painted it white.  Then went through the steps I've included in the video tutorial below.  I hope it helps someone that is also looking into creating one of these beautiful signs for themselves!

Enjoy!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. What about the lettering and writing on the sign? Do you have a print? How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to The person's comment above. How do you do the writing on the sign?

    ReplyDelete