The Daily DIYer

Friday, October 28, 2016

Quick Spray Paint Makeover



I have a confession.  I am a home decor hoarder.  Ok, maybe not, but I do have a hard time getting rid of things that go out of style.  I like to think I can always rework things to make them work with my current decor.

I held onto these very heavy planters for quick awhile before I stumbled upon them again.  They were definitely not going to work for me the way there were, so it was time to take out the spray paint.  I used an oil rubbed bronze to give them a metal look instead of the stucco earthy look.  Then I sealed them with a water resistant spray since they will be outside.

The darker color give them more versatility.  I have them in my Halloween decor right now on the front porch.  I hope to plant some mums in them once Halloween is over.  Then I think they will fit in with my rustic Christmas decor after that.

I made a quick makeover video to show you just how easy and quick it was.  I also include video of how they are being used right now in my Halloween porch decor.

Hope you enjoy!


Direct link to the video: https://youtu.be/6NBwYKyJu1E

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment