The Daily DIYer

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

DIY Farmhouse Balance Scale


When it comes to decor, I love to try to make everything myself.  It not only saves money, but it makes me appreciate the things that I have much more.  This decor piece was one that I had my eye on, however the price was much much higher than what I'd ever pay for a shelf sitter.  (Prices start at $70.00 and go up from there).

That's when I started dreaming up how I would create one myself for much much less.  My version I was able to make for under $20.00!  Although it may not be made of metal like the originals, it matches my decor since I was able to stain it in my favorite wood stain (Minwax Jacobean).

I created a DIY tutorial for this project so that you can see it make from start to finish.  You'll also get to see the design process as I sort of created as the project went along.  I hope you are inspired!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/gdJLibuEPss

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment