The Daily DIYer

Friday, December 16, 2016

Baby it's cold outside - Wood Entry Sign


The best wood signs are the ones you can keep up and enjoy longer than one month out of the year.  This "baby it's cold outside" wood entry sign can be used all winter long, but also fits into the different holidays that fall within the winter months.  That is a win win if you ask me.

The dimensions of this entry sign is 11.25" wide x 48" tall.  I used a 1"x12" oak common board for this wood sign.  I also used plain old acrylic black and white paint.  The stencil that you'll see in the video tutorial I cut with my Silhouette Cameo and I used Contact Paper (shelf liner) to paint on the words.  I did do some free handing here.  Sometimes it is just easier to freehand instead of making a stencil for everything.



I do recommend sealing wood signs that will be outside.  I like to use MixWax Polycylic (satin finish).  It is non-yellowing and drys very quickly.  Make sure to protect your surface when using it though.  You don't want this stuff trying on your table or counters.

I created a quick DIY tutorial of how this wood sign came together.
I hope you enjoy!


Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/Ncs10lK6mI8

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment