The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Aging Hardware with a Blow Torch


Sometimes you love things, but then for some reason just wished you loved them more.  That's how I felt about the pallet chalkboard I made for above my kitchen cabinets.  It was exactly what I wanted but was missing something.

I was at good old Walmart and found these flat L brackets and wished they weren't so shiny so I could put them on my chalkboard.  I started researching ways to make them not so flashy and after ruling out regular spray paint I found that you could take a blow torch to burn off the shiny zinc that coated the metal.  LUCKY ME, I had a blow torch and knew I could handle that!

This is not a project for the beginner.  If you've never used a blow torch before, give yourself some time to get used to it before attempting this.  SAFETY is always important when using a blow torch too.  I explain and show you how to attempt this DIY in my video tutorial below.
I hope you enjoy!



Direct link to the video here:   https://youtu.be/C0Ur2fDPy8w

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment