The Daily DIYer

Monday, May 11, 2015

Lamp Transformation



Oh how I love a good Before and After!

I love it even more when it's in my own home.


We've had these same exact lamps the entire 11 years we have been married now.  They were basic silver and matched everything.  I did change the lamp shades when we moved into our new home 4 years ago.  

I was so ready for a bold change.  So I pulled out the spray paint and got to work.

When I added the old lamp shades back onto the newly painted lamp bases, I just wasn't in love like I had hoped I would be.  My quick and cheap transformation took a little bit of an expensive twist.  Now I was left wanting new lamp shades.  I searched and searched for a couple of weeks I looked everywhere I went.  I finally hit a home decor warehouse type store and found these GORGEOUS lamp shades ($20 each).  Little did I know just how  heart stopping they really would be till I turned my lamps on with the new shades on them....

Magic happened!
It's hard to get the full effect from the photo so make sure to watch the video of how these lamps went from basic silver to gorgeous turquoise and watch the magic of these lovely lamp shades in the video below.

Enjoy!


Can't see the video?  Click here: https://youtu.be/tMUFl-tifbE
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment