The Daily DIYer

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Magic Stain Remover (for Red Stains) - Saturday Randomness

The sheer horror of when your child spills red liquid on themselves is pretty much universal.  The loud "NOoooooo...." the sad face, the panic of what to do now.

Yep, that was me, at my son's 2 year photo shoot none the less.  He was all fancied up in his just worn once Easter outfit and ready for photos.  I stopped on the way and grabbed a red Gatorade... why did I do that!?

He was taking sips here and there when the next thing I know he's covered in it.

Luckily I had brought back up outfits being at a photo shoot and all.  But I thought for sure this nice outfit was long gone and had red stains forever.

I hopped on good ol' Pinterst in a desperate attempt at finding a last ditch try to save this outfit before tossing it into the trash.

Dawn dish soap and peroxide?

Really?

Ok... here we go...

The sad sight and before of the red stains

I doused the stains with peroxide and drizzled the Dawn on top
Then I took a toothbrush and did some GOOD scrubbing
 ***I let the clothes soak in a bowl of COLD water for about 2 hours and then washed then in the washing machine in cold water too***

And wouldn't you know....

Magic happened!


Good as new!

I'm not sure if this would work for all stains, but it saved this red Gatorade stained outfit from the garbage so I hope it saves some of your outfits from a similar fate too!

Thanks for joining me for today's Saturday Randomness! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment