The Daily DIYer

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Welcome Sign Holder - Saturday Randomness

 Another must do project I saw on Pinterest.  However, I just wung this project completely and went off my memory of photos I'd seen that are similar but have the same design.


I purchased the wooden stair spindle from Lowe's for about $2.50ish.  Then the finial topper from Hobby Lobby for $1.99.  The rest I had on hand and used scrap wood..  So total for this piece I paid less then $5!!!  Get out! If you didn't have pieces on hand it would be closer to about $10-$15 and that's still not bad for this great piece!
I sanded down everything then stained it.  Once it was dry I wood glued everything and used wood screws to piece it all together.

I have our names, address, and welcome's a plenty on our front porch so I needed something different for the sign.  I decided to make it chalkboard so I could change it depending on the season, holiday, celebration.

I think it's a great little entry way piece!

If you'd like to see how to make the flower pots (and for a FREE stencil download) you can link over to that post here: http://dailydiyer.blogspot.com/2015/04/flower-pot-painting.html

Thanks for stopping by today's randomness!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment