The Daily DIYer

Friday, January 13, 2017

DIY Shiplap Framed Wood Sign


If you'd like that farmhouse shiplap look without adding a ton of nails to your walls - this is a great alternative!  I HAD to have some shiplap in my home and this was a great way to get that look without the major commitment.

My regular framed wood signs don't take near as much time (or effort), however, this piece has so much character!  It was definitely worth the added time.  Now that I've made one, the next will come together a little faster.

I did break out my Kreg Jig for this project.  Me and that guy don't always get along, but I think I've conquered it finally.  You'll see in the video how I used it to make the pocket holes that keep the spaced shiplap together.

This was my first attempt at shiplap.  Surprisingly it went pretty smoothly!  I didn't have tile spacers so I improvised with pennies and it worked out great!  You'll see how this piece was made in the video linked below.  Hope you enjoy!



Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/0xAQAAokZK8

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment