The Daily DIYer

Friday, January 27, 2017

Farmhouse End Table MAKEOVER


I always love a good makeover.  

Who doesn't like to see before and afters?  

This DIY has an amazing "after."  The "before" are our original end tables that are probably 12 years old.  They are solid wood and very heavy.  They are also very sturdy and I knew they had a lot of life still left in them, even though they looked rough from day to day wear and tear.

To give them an updated look I (and my kiddos) painted the base with a chalk paint.  LOVE THAT STUFF.  No prep work involved except for a good cleaning.  It did take 3 coats of paint because of the dark wood color the tables started with.  But it was easy and didn't take too long after the first coat was on.  It also dried very fast, so once one table was painted I was able to go back and forth very quickly from one to the other.

The tops are made from oak common board in 1"x4" size.  I measured the top of my tables and added a inch so it would hang off the top but not add too much to the table's over all width.

I also added new hardware to the drawers which really gave them that added updated touch they needed.  I bought this hardware from Walmart.  A set of 2 was around $6.  They were a silver color and I spray painted them with my oil rubbed bronze spray paint before attaching them to the drawers.

The tables work so well with our home's decor now!  It's amazing what some paint and a half a days work can do for a piece of furniture!  Such a difference!

You can see the full makeover process in the video I've attached below.
I hope you enjoy!


Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/M5noXxTQjhY

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment