The Daily DIYer

Monday, January 30, 2017

Pallet Style Sign Using New Wood



Certain wood sign orders I opt for new wood vs. pallet (reclaimed) wood.  This happened to be one of those orders.  Usually when a client specifies that the sign they are ordering is for a wedding gift or a bridal shower gift, I go with new wood, unless they really want an old rustic look.

I was still wanting that rustic warn look, but with a cleaner look.  The new wood with this white washing technique was the way to go for this one.  I have done white washing a few different ways.  In this DIY I used a black background instead of a gray or dark wood stain.  It complimented the black stenciling on the front just right.

I share with you in this video tutorial the whole process from start to finish of how this pallet style wood sign came together below.  
I hope you enjoy!



Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/ZFqaXwb3IrA

post signature

5 comments:

  1. omg...thank you for sharing. That is beautiful!!! do you mind sharing what fonts you used for this sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What font did you do and do you have a link to the design at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece, thank you for sharing. How do you make your stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What vinyl did you use for your syencil?

    ReplyDelete