The Daily DIYer

Friday, June 16, 2017

DIY Chalk Painted Fabric


If there is an easier way, I tend to go that route.  Especially when it comes to crafting and decorating.  My awesome mom passed this chair down to me when she got a new replacement for her home.  I loved this chair, just not so much the yellow and orange accents.  They matched her decor to a "T," however not so much my neutral color pallet farmhouse style home.  I could have slip covered it.  I thought about doing that with drop cloth.  Then I thought, that will take a lot of time and some skills that I am not so sure I have (sewing).  So maybe one day down the road I will get brave and slipcover something, but the project was not it.

Instead of slip covering the chair, I decided to enhance it's beauty.  I used some chalk paint and a paint brush, that's it!  Check out my video linked down below to see the before and after, as well as how I transformed this chair to match my bedroom's new style.  I hope you are inspired!



Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/_jDoVLk4vL4

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment