The Daily DIYer

Monday, March 20, 2017

Basket Shelf Makeover


When you buy a storage system and never get around to refinishing it like you planned... years and year later.  This was definitely one of those projects.  I bought this unfinished wood storage piece YEARS ago from Michael's Arts and Crafts (when I worked there).  I knew it would look very cool painted and fixed up, but it never got there.  In my deffense, I did use it!  It served a lot of different purposes around the house.  It just never got a paint makeover.

After going down the rabbit hole of redecorating our kid's bedroom, I had this slim space next to the bunk bed and their bedroom door.  We needed a place to put things and the table there was WAY too big, but it worked for awhile.  Then I saw this piece, which was holding all of my acrylic paints, sitting in the laundry room and thought - that would be perfect for the space!

So I found a new home for my acrylic paint bottle and got to work on their new basket storage.  I share with you in the video below just how it all came to life.  My little guy even got to help paint.  He loves to help!  I love that he gets to help with something that is for his room.
I hope you enjoy this video tutorial!


Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/lqANNdMW4MU

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment