The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Adventure Wood Pallet Sign

The client that I was able to create this wood art for I also was able to build wood floating shelves for and also wood name blocks.  This new mom-to-be's nursery is a custom beautiful place for their new baby and I just love that I could help create that!
 
Without being in the room or seeing pictures I was told the colors (a creamy gray and coral).  I was also told about the crib and also that the room had white trim throughout.  I knew right away that I wanted to do a white washing technique.  She loved the idea and I ran with it.  The shelves, and the background of the wood name blocks all match this beautiful wood sign I created for above the crib.
 
I created a video tutorial to show you how I handmade this wood pallet style sign.
I hope you enjoy!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/R_s2aOuDMEk
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sign, and for a new life has to be the best reason! Thank you for this tutorial I'm totally inspired to try this technique. I was just wondering what that adhesive paper you used to make your stencil was? Is there a particular source for purchasing it? I'm creating a baby shower sign, and think that'll be great to use for my sign making. TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found you on youtube, so many great ideas! And looking forward to more. I was wondering what the name of the font is on this project?

    ReplyDelete