The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

DIY HUGE Entry Shiplap Framed Wood Sign


When you make wood sign for yourself and it hangs on the wall for 2 months blank...
Yep, I totally did that.

This wood sign is in our entry and can be seen from just about everywhere - kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom, kids room... so I took me a long time to decide what exactly I wanted it to look like and say.

I saw this saying on a few Pinterest posts and I just kept coming back to it.  I needed it to be the right fonts and look nice and balanced so it took even longer for me to get the design right.  Sometimes the things we make for ourselves are harder than those we make for client's requests.

In the end, I LOVE it and so glad that I took the time to get it right.

This wood signs measures 18" tall and 40" wide.  I used white and black chalkboard paint as well as Jacobean wood sign (my fav!).

I created a DIY tutorial to show you how I created this piece.  Confession: I must have not recorded the actual build of the sign.  However, I have already covered these tutorials in two other posts which I'll link below as well.  I still hope you can find inspiration from this wood sign!



Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/fukPDsYEeM4
BUILDING TUTORIALS

Ship Lap Framed Sign Tutorial here:
 http://dailydiyer.blogspot.com/2017/01/diy-shiplap-framed-wood-sign.html

Framed Wood Sign Tutorial here:
http://dailydiyer.blogspot.com/2017/01/framed-wood-sign-our-nest.html


WOOD SIGN AVAILABLE IN MY ETSY SHOP HERE


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love your stuff and videos. Would you share what font you used for "home" on this sign? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete