The Daily DIYer

Friday, March 17, 2017

DIY Super Hero Wood Signs


I have really gotten away from vinyl wood signs lately.  I've been focusing on stenciling wood signs in that pallet, reclaimed, rustic look and feel.  When a client asked for 4 super hero wood signs, I knew stenciling wasn't the way to go.  A clean, crisp look was much more the look I needed to go for.

I had learned in my son's wood signs project (you can see that "oops" here) that I needed to seal the paint before vinyling.  I had big mistakes to fix on my son's wood signs, and I did not want that to happen again.  So I gave these signs a couple of coats of paint and then went over that with a matte clear vanish.  This technique worked perfectly!  No paint peeling up and the vinyl stuck great!

See all the details of how these wood vinyled signs were made in my DIY tutorial linked below.
I hope you find some inspiration!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/eBEPIImkKtk
Purchase these wood signs in my Etsy shop!
Etsy listing here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/517987799/super-hero-wood-signs-batman-spiderman?ref=shop_home_active_1
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment