The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

DIY Farmhouse Style Coffee Table


I had this project on my to do list for a very long time.  When our son was born we did without a coffee table so he had carpet to play on (most of our home is hardwood floors, so we only had a 5'x7' rug in the living room).  Our little guy is about to turn 4 years old now and he's all over the place now.  Finally it was time to add back a coffee table.

There are so many different styles and tutorials so I found one that was sort of inexpensive but still had to look I was wanting.  After giving our end tables a makeover (see that transformation HERE), I wanted the coffee table to look like it matched and flowed.  I used the same paint and the same wood stain and it all came together beautifully!

I love the big wire basket with the liner underneath too!  I found that beauty at Hobby Lobby.  We needed a place for blankets and it's worked perfectly!  It's easy to pull them out and put them away and it's all nicely hidden when not needed.

For this build we used mainly 2x2's.  The top is made from different width wood I had in the garage to give it a random barnwood look (all are 1x's).  The great part about it is it's very inexpensive to build.  2x2's are less than $2.00 each and I think we used 4 of them.  The top was scrap for me, but you could use 2-  1x8's which are under $6.00 each.  So total: $20.00 in wood!

This was a joint effort build for me and my hubby.  Yes, sometimes he likes to get in on the power tool action too, and I guess I should let him, right?  Ha!
I created an easy to follow tutorial of this whole build from cutting the wood, to building the piece, to painting and staining it, and even adding the decorative pieces.
I hope you are inspired!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/8B6lw5xHETo

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg



Check out my Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment