The Daily DIYer

Friday, May 26, 2017

DIY Layered Vinyl Wood Sign


When I was asked to create coordinating wood signs for a bother shared bedroom, I knew it was going to be such a cute and sweet project!  They have a super hero themed room and the mom gave me the colors.  I decided to do the same sign, but in verse colors.  This kept them coordinated yet also kept each sign unique to each boy.

Layering vinyl makes the wording and font pop.  I like to do this when colors seem to blend together too much.  The white background allows the red to be read more easily as well.  I always use Oracal 651 for my wood signs and cut it on my Silhouette Cameo.  The settings I like to use are:
Blade:3
Thickness: 8
Speed: 8

I hope this helps make your next vinyl project have that little extra pop it needs so the colors don't all blend together.  I've included a tutorial for the above wood sign.  You'll see this sign being made from raw wood to finished wall decor.  I hope you are inspired!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/pRF1-W8tFiY

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment