The Daily DIYer

Monday, May 1, 2017

DIY Mini Shelf with Key Hooks


I love our entry.  It has a beautiful reclaimed bench, hooks for coats, hooks for backpacks, baskets for papers and mail.  I recently added a wood clock and it was just needing something under it.  We had a place for our keys in another location; however, it was not near the front door, it was in the kitchen.  It was a little bit of a walk and we were known for walking back and forth when we walked for the front door and realized we didn't have our keys in hand.  That's where this shelf idea was born.

I wanted something smaller in scale and something simple.  I also stained it to match the bench and floating shelves in the entry to create a "matching set."  It really has been a great addition to the space and we are glad to have a place for our sunglasses and such on the top shelf as well now too.

The video tutorial I created below shows all the details of this build.
I hope you are inspired!



Direct link to the tutorial here:  https://youtu.be/EIzCYt4_few

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment