The Daily DIYer

Monday, November 14, 2016

Clothespin Ornament



This year I made nearly all the ornaments for our giant tree.  I had this vision in my head or creating a new look for it, but without spend $5 per ornament to do it.

These clothespin snowflakes give you a lot of bang for your buck.  I purchased 4 packs for regular clothes pins for $1 each ($4 total) and used some left over spray paint I already had.  These ended up being good sized and I got about 20 ornaments out of those 4 packs.  Breaking that down it's only $.20 each ornament!

It was a huge toss up between painting them white, or staining them a dark color.  I am so glad I went with the white as they stand out very nice against the dark branches of the tree that way.  Although I think staining them would be beautiful if you are using them on a garland or in a centerpiece.

All in all, I think this is towards to top of my favorite handmade ornaments I created this year!

I created a quick DIY video so you can see how to make these for your own Christmas tree!
Hope you enjoy!
Direct link to the video:  https://youtu.be/hz1AG73RDnY

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment