The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Deer Head Pallet Sign

Many of my tutorials and video are actually orders I receive from clients.  I'm making the product anyway, might as well film it too!  Well, this project was actually one for myself!  I've been dreaming up my Christmas mantel for awhile now.  Last year it was just very "blah."  So this year I really want it to be something I'll love!

This deer head pallet sign will be the centerpiece of the dreamy Christmas mantel I have in my head.  Until I actually can work on my Christmas decor, I played pretend and added it to my fall mantel to get an idea of scale and the look.  Who knew it would actually work with my fall mantel too?!  Two in one deal!  I'll have to remember this for next year.

Of course, I did a DIY video on how this was made.
I hope you enjoy!

Direct video link here:  https://youtu.be/VQKFJBSgmU0

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you got the design to cut with your silhouette machine? Also, how big is your deer head cut out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the shape by googling deer head silhouette, then traced it in my program (I have a Silhouette Cameo). It is cut to 11" wide x 16" tall - my pallet is 14"x21". You'd want to scale yours to fit your wood project.

      Delete