The Daily DIYer

Monday, November 21, 2016

Pinecone Ornament


What's better than free decor?  Not much in my book!  Me and my little ones went on an "adventure" to find pinecones and we lucked out and found the perfect ones.  We loaded up an IKEA bag full and headed home to do some crafts!  My craft, were these beautiful woodland rustic ornaments for our Christmas tree.

In all, I did spend a whopping $2 (well less then $2 even) on some satin ribbon for the bows.  However, I was able to get 2 dozen ornaments made for less than $2.00!

All you'll need for this project are: pinecones, ribbon, jute, white paint, paint brush, and your oven.

The most important part about his project is baking your pinecones before you do any crafting with them.  Tiny bugs like to make their homes in these cute little things, so make sure to bake them all at 200* for 30 minutes.  Then you are off and running to create your projects!

I created a quick DIY video to show you how I made these ornaments in case you'd like to create some of these for your own Christmas tree this year!

Hope you enjoy!


Direct link to the video here: https://youtu.be/YgFXSOJxZos

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment