The Daily DIYer

Friday, November 11, 2016

Pallet Wood Christmas Tree

This was a completely random project.  I had a vision of displaying my Christmas ornaments at my craft show on a pallet wood Christmas tree.  I started cutting away and ended up with this beauty.  In the end, I didn't even use it for my craft show because it was too big to fit in our truck that was packed to the gills.  I guess I'll just have to actually use this for my outside Christmas display this year, which is just fine with me!
Bracing the back
Building the base
I used various sizes of pallet wood and cut the end angles to 22.5* with my miter saw.  Then stacked them and braced them on the back.  You can see in the video I created below exactly how the whole thing came together, as well as how I made the base so it could stand up.

It's definitely not perfect, but it's not suppose to be!  It's a rustic look so perfect is not the goal here.

Hope you enjoy!



Direct link to the video here:  https://youtu.be/37tT2zoQzGU

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment