The Daily DIYer

Monday, April 6, 2015

Embellished Lamp Shade


I don't think you always need to buy everything new to get a new look.  I'm always taking things I already have and giving them a face lift.  This DIY project is the perfect example.


I've had these lamp shades for several years.  I liked that they were simple.  However, they've always blended into the similarly colored walls behind them.  I added the fabric canvases behind them onto the wall, which helped, but they just needed... something else.

I'm always checking out the scrapbooking section at the craft store, even though I'm no longer a scrapbooker.  You wouldn't believe the great stuff they have that can be used for other projects!!!  I need to take my camera with me sometime and just give you guys a run down, but for now - I found these white paper flowers which just happened to be 50% off too and thought LAMPSHADE.

I love the way these turned out.  Check out the video below to see how to I created this easy DIY project.  Then try it for yourself and let me know how it turned out!

Enjoy!


Can't see the video?  Click this link: https://youtu.be/g_MZ4eRu6uc


No comments:

Post a Comment