The Daily DIYer

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Wood Staining Technique & Products


In many of my videos I have already done the prep work such as cutting the wood and painting it or staining it.  Here is a video tutorial of how I like to do the wood staining in lots of my DIY tutorials.

My favorite wood stain is Minwax Jocabean,  I love the right dark color.  It doesn't have a ton of red in it and it's not yellow either.  A nice dark wood coffee bean color.  This is great if you have a lot of lighter accents in your home like light wall color, white trim, and furniture.  Add too much dark into a dark room and the piece will not pop.  If you have a lot of darker colored walls and wood trim, a lighter wood stain is recommended.

No matter the color of your wood stain, this video will show you how I like to apply it to my wood projects as well as features some of my favorite products I use while staining.

Enjoy!


Can't see the video?  Click this link: https://youtu.be/_0CFlN99_Cw


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment